That is the number of chemists you can learn from locally in Cambridge and globally within NIBR with their synthetic and medicinal chemistry skills and knowledge spanning decades of experience. As chemists at the forefront of science, we are changing the way Novartis performs and thinks about cutting-edge science and technology. Come meet, and more importantly work with the very same chemists who discovered Kisqali!
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated synthetic / medicinal chemist to join the Global Discovery Chemistry team at Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) at our Cambridge, MA site. Here, where we value your ideas, personal growth and career aspirations; you will be surrounded by and learn from curious, unbossed colleagues across multiple disciplines; you will be empowered to take smart risks, and to use your creativity and tenacity to work towards creating the next pharmaceutical.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Independently design compounds based off team or individual hypotheses, utilize novel methodologies and technologies, and carry out multi-step syntheses of small molecules
- Use contemporary medicinal chemistry principles to drive science to key decision points
- Analyze and interpret data, solve synthetic issues and design follow-up experiments
- Collaborate with peers and work effectively and efficiently as an important part of a cross-functional team
- Adhere to laboratory safety policies and practices