One Global Discovery Chemistry Organization, working across all disease areas at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), is seeking a creative and curious analytical chemist with expertise in mass spectrometry and data science to join the Global Discovery Chemistry (GDC) Analytics and Separations Group in Cambridge, MA.
Here, we value your ideas, personal growth, and career aspirations; you will be surrounded by and learn from colleagues across multiple subject areas; you will have opportunities to explore cutting-edge science, technology and working to enable and contribute to the next generation of transformative medicines.
We develop new analytical technologies and design new methods to drive innovative solutions in partnership with drug discovery project teams. To meet the changing needs of our drug discovery project portfolio we are constantly growing our capabilities and scope. We are now looking for a highly motivated, hardworking, early career PhD-level scientist with a strong background in mass spectrometry and data science to investigate and provide solutions to important analytical questions in drug discovery. You will work alongside other specialists in an interdisciplinary environment where our mission is to deliver the next wave of innovative medicines and advance the field of pharmaceutical research. We value people who possess a can-do attitude and out-of-the-box thinking.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide the organization with customized solutions in the field of mass spectrometry to answer key scientific questions of drug discovery projects
- Acquire project-related knowledge to contribute effectively to cross-functional collaborations with decision-making data
- Drive the design and implementation of scientific and technological innovations according to the requirements of projects and to further strengthen the group's technology portfolio
- Contribute to maintaining state-of-the-art skills, facilities and infrastructure within GDC through the evaluation and implementation of new technologies, techniques and concepts.
- Develop and implement solutions for data mining and lab automation
- Introduce and share your knowledge and skills in your specific domains of expertise and demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in applying new scientific methodologies and techniques
- Actively participate in internal and external scientific communities through presentations, publications and networking