We are looking for a Rockwell Drives Automation Engineer with Pulp / Paper / Forest Products experience. This is a field support position with daily travel throughout Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Grand Rapids, and surrounding West MI areas.
The Automation Controls Engineer serves as a main point of contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. The primary functions are to direct or perform, installation, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration.
* Responsible for effectively providing services to support the installation, start-up, maintenance, and operation of automation control systems & advanced manufacturing software applications, drive systems, manufacturing systems, industrial networks and the individual products which comprise these systems. * Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment. Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics. * Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics. * Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting. * Provide leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel. * Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.). * Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology field; in lieu of degree, will consider an Associates of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent technological training (e.g. technological training received while serving in the military, or equivalent industry training), with 5+ years of directly related experience. * Ability to travel throughout the designated service area (typically travel is by company vehicle and most events are day trips, although some overnights are to be expected). * Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Rockwell Automation will not offer sponsorship for this position.
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Manufacturing, Industrial Automation, Engineering, or Technology related field * Migration-Drive Migration experience
* Diagnosing Network & Ethernet issues * 2+ years of experience in industrial automation, preferably in Pulp / Paper / Forest Products
* PLC programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, FactoryTalk Studio software * Studio5000, ControlLogix, CompactLogix * PowerFlex products and applications * Ethernet/IP, Stratix Switches * Servo/Motion control * Low Voltage PowerFlex Drives knowledge * Medium Voltage Drives knowledge * Experience with networks including EtherNet, ControlNet, and DeviceNet
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
Internal Number: R21-2077
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.