*We are looking for an experienced data guru to support operational tasks, harmonize disparate databases, implement technical and process efficiencies, and develop associated standard work. Must possess a team-centric mindset, a high degree of emotional intelligence, and partner well with diverse roles and personalities at all levels of the organization. This position involves the ability to mentor less experienced team members, and thus, excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills are essential.
Essential skills: Advanced SAS and database builds within SQL
Industry: Clinical research and pharmaceutical knowledge preferred
Under minimal supervision, is responsible for coding/ programming to produce and validate analysis datasets and other data outputs according to department standards. Builds electronic data collection instruments. Ensures project documentation is up-to-date and adheres to department standards. Develops standard data management documentation and processes. Leads, implements, and monitors process improvement solutions that promote quality and statistical and staffing efficiency. Leads and implements quality checks, quality control measures, and monitoring programs related to data accuracy and appropriateness. Administers the REDCap application including end-user account setup, and periodic user acceptance testing. Provides recommendations on industry and regulatory impacts. Prepares and coordinates data for documentation, status reports, briefings, and information inquiries. Interfaces with internal functional teams, external departments, and external partners related to assignments.
1. Imports/ Exports data from highly complex sources and systems.
2. Conducts basic, intermediate, and advanced programming/coding in standard analytical software packages to create, clean, and validate analysis datasets, automated processes, macros, and other data output.
3. Defines the best practices for, and builds electronic data collection (EDC) instruments considering industry standard data integrity and harmonization principles across programs where appropriate, and trains staff on best practices.
4. Recommends, designs, develops, and implements quality checks, quality control measures, and monitoring programs related to data accuracy and appropriateness for areas/ applications of responsibility.
5. Effectively gathers information and assesses data management requests for feasibility, scalability, and risks in collaboration with internal and external partners.
6. Fulfills and/ or leads data management requirements throughout project lifecycle for high complexity and/ or large scope initiatives.
7. In consultation with management, initiates, designs, develops, and implements standard coding practices and re-usable coding packages where appropriate to enhance regulatory compliance, accuracy, and efficiency according to department goals.
8. Writes data management project documentation where appropriate including, but not limited to: project scope, data/ technical requirements, recommended data management plan, data flow diagram, test scripts, traceability matrix, and RACI matrix, and implements solution aligned with data stewardship principles.
9. In consultation with management, defines and develops data management best practices, processes, and templates, and trains staff where appropriate.
10. Leads, monitors, and tracks process improvement initiatives that promote data quality, and both statistical and staffing efficiency.
11. Administers the research application including, but not limited to setting up end-user accounts, maintaining up-to-date validation tracking documentation, researching and implementing new system functionality (where appropriate), assessing risks, writing, updating, and executing test scripts, and reporting and troubleshooting application issues in partnership with internal and external technical resources.
12. Assists with developing, and contributes to tracking and achieving overall team and strategic metrics according to defined goals.
13. Actively identifies and resolves system and procedural problems quickly and communicates to management and/or affected users/ team members.
14. Maintains general documentation to support audit preparedness, Cornerstone training verification, feedback forms for retraining, reference documents, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs).
15. Acts as a backup to other data management staff, and ensures there is a backup that is capable and trained on covering duties while absent.
16. Collaborates with, and/ or Leads internal and external multidisciplinary teams and working groups.
17. Develops and facilitates formal and informal presentations and training to both internal and external audiences.
18. Provide consultation to leadership on emerging trends, issues, and insights relevant to data management, industry best practices, and research specific regulations.
19. Assists with the department orientation program, onboarding new employees, and other training, as necessary.
20. Treats individuals with courtesy, dignity, empathy and respect; consistently displays courteous and respectful verbal and non-verbal communications.
21. Exhibits and promotes positive interpersonal (customer) relationships with fellow employees, physicians, patients, visitors, and clients.
22. Coaches/ mentors less experienced team members.
23. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Ability to understand database schemas, designs, and dictionaries; able to identify anomalies across programs and projects, and present solutions for harmonization and/ or normalization where appropriate.
* Ability to write basic, intermediate, and complex data querying in programs such as SAS or SQL preferred; experience with other programs may be acceptable.
* Advanced understanding of standard coding syntax and logic.
* Ability to validate, troubleshoot, and debug the coding written by other staff.
* Advanced critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and fulfill multiple, dynamic, and concurrent projects, and meet deadlines with a high degree of autonomy.
* Exemplary organizational skills with a strong focus on detail and quality.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to summarize detailed information in an organized and concise manner.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, while also working efficiently and independently.
* Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
* Strong focus on developing both technical and professional skills.
Computers and Technology
* Intermediate Microsoft Office standard suite proficiency preferred including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
* REDCap experience preferred
* Relational database experience preferred
* Visio or similar visual diagramming tool experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience required OR; * Associate's degree and eight years relevant experience required OR; * High school diploma/GED and eleven years relevant experience required. * Degree concentration in computer information systems, data analytics, or healthcare preferred.
Relevant experience is defined as: designing and developing data management solutions, data management, data cleaning, application development, database optimization, managing data through the life cycle of research, research data collection, or research study design
CDISC certification with SDTM preferred
Location RMPDS 1391 Speer Blvd
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Established in 1956 as a department within Denver Health, Rocky Mountain Poison & Drug Safety provides specialized research, education, prevention and treatment services to meet the unique and complex needs of public health, government agencies, and the pharmaceutical and consumer products industries. RMPDS employs over 200 industry professionals and provides solutions that span the lifecycle of a drug or consumer product. Our Poison Center & Health Information and Drug & Consumer Product Services groups provide 24/7/365 contact center communication, exposure management, and toxicology consulting. We offer research, analysis, and surveillance, and consulting through our Research & Consulting Services group, including our industry-leading RADARS(r) system.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3738
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.