799 million, that’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. While we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
This role is for Solid Tumor Medical Team within US Oncology organization; responsible for phase IB-IV oncology clinical programs within Lung for Novartis. This position, based in US headquarters (NJ), will provide strategic medical and scientific leadership for both marketed as well as development-stage compound/s.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Direct US clinical activities for assigned compound/s, provide medical input into clinical trial strategies, provide input into HEOR and publication plans and develop launch plan(s) to integrate assigned Novartis Oncology compound/s into standard oncology practice.
• Designing clinical studies and writing protocols, analyzing data and generating appropriate reports from clinical trials, actively participate in strategic planning activities representing US medical on Marketing, Development or Global Oncology teams where appropriate.
• Extensive interactions with academic thought leaders to optimize clinical trial and medical strategies.
• Educate colleagues within the company as well as health care professionals outside the company related to assigned compound/s where appropriate. Assist in the development and managing clinical budget appropriately.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• MD, DO, PharmD or PhD with at least 4 years of experience in Hematology/Oncology/Radiation Oncology/Nuclear Medicine clinical research of which at least 2 years in a pharmaceutical industry.
• Excellent communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills, leadership and presentation skills.
• Able to work at US Headquarters (East Hanover, NJ)
• Understanding of all aspects of clinical research as part of the drug development process.
• Strategic problem solver with understanding of operations and execution process related to clinical research involving both single and multiple centers.
• Experience designing and executing clinical studies with demonstrated record of scientific medical publications.
• Prior Medical Affairs experience highly desired.
• Tried ability in successfully planning and leading external meetings (advisory boards, medical congresses).
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network