The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all of our patients with cancer. As part of this commitment, our cancer clinical trials program has been expanded to include Experimental Therapeutics (Phase I) and Drug Development programs. With this commitment strengthened, we can continue to make advances in cancer care.
Through our oncology clinical trials program, The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute continues our ongoing commitment to offer our patients with cancer excellence in research and patient care. We offer multiple cancer clinical trials in a wide range of cancerous tumors. On behalf of The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute, we thank you for considering these important therapeutic options and look forward to helping you. Through our oncology clinical trials program, The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute continues our ongoing commitment to offer our patients with cancer excellence in research and patient care. We offer multiple cancer clinical trials in a wide range of cancerous tumors. On behalf of The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute, we thank you for considering these important therapeutic options and look forward to helping you.
The Clinical Research Coordinator II works independently providing study coordination including screening of potential research participants for protocol eligibility, presenting non-medical trial concepts and details, and participating in the informed consent process. Responsible for accurate and timely source documents, data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting including timely response to sponsor queries. Responsible for compiling and reporting on each study including information related to protocol activity, accrual data, workload, and other research information; presents this information at regular research staff meetings. May plan and coordinate strategies for increasing research participant enrollment, improving efficiency, training of personnel, or identifying new research opportunities. Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board (IRB).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of assigned research protocol to coordinate the comprehensive and compliant execution of assigned protocols in accordance with research governing entity requirements, including but not limited to Sponsor, FDA and IRB requirements.
2. Works with PIs and Research Nurses to ensure the completion and maintenance of consent forms, case report forms, and source documents to ensure that research is being conducted according to GCP, FDA, HSPC, HIPAA and other agency guidelines.
3. Coordinates institutional, pharmaceutical and internal audits, including facilitating third party study monitoring.
4. Works closely with a regulatory coordinator or directly with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to submit initial applications, amendments, continuing reviews, Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, protocol deviations, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
5. If qualified as a Medical Assistant, may assist with clinical procedures, phlebotomy, providing related patient care when required, including vital signs, EKGs, and specimen collection and testing as directed by physician investigators. If phlebotomy certified, may assist with phlebotomy services as directed by physician investigators.
6. Establishes and coordinates logistical aspects of clinical research projects to achieve project objectives, including project planning, projecting resource requirements, and developing systems to ensure protocol compliance and research participant safety.
7. Notifies direct supervisor about concerns regarding data quality and study conduct.
8. Facilitates research participant screening, recruitment and scheduling, initiating research participant records, administration of questionnaires, maintaining database Excel spreadsheets, completion of case report forms, performing data edits with P.I.'s research staff, pharmaceutical company monitors, etc.
9. Provides assistance with research project budget development, including identifying and classifying routine care vs. research related care. Provides assistance with research participant research billing and reconciliation.
10. Maintains system for monitoring and maintenance of research participant data records.
11. May provide technical support for the preparation of grant proposals, publications, presentations and special projects.
12. Participates in weekly research staff meetings.
13. Protects rights and research data of research volunteers, including medical records, data, etc. Obtain necessary consent forms, or HIPAA information forms as needed, in research process.
14. Coordinates training and education of other personnel.
15. Participates in centralized activities such as auditing, Standard Operating Procedure development, etc.
16. Plans and coordinates strategies for increasing research participant enrollment, and/or improving clinical research efficiency.
17. Identifies quality and performance improvement opportunities and collaborates with staff in the development of action plans to improve quality.
18. May identify new research opportunities and present to investigators.
19. Participates in required training and education programs.
20. Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.